CFP'92 - Videos
(CFP'92 Video production made possible in part by a grant from ACM - Association for Computing Machinery, with additional funding by Apple Computer, Inc.)
CFP-2 TAPES AVAILABLE: (include session numbers when ordering individual tapes)
For Bruce Sterling tape, see #12.
PRICES, SHIPPING, AND ORDERING INFO ARE AT THE END OF THIS LISTING.
24-hour orderline: 1 (800) 235-4922
Call for a FREE catalog.
Purchase Orders ok.
See prices & shipping below.
1. FREEDOM IN CYBERSPACE: NEW WINE IN OLD FLASKS(The man who headed the Gannet Foundation and founded USA TODAY compares freedom of speech and press in print vs digital domains)
2. WHO LOGS ON? (High Capacity networks will open broad new services via telecommunications. What are they, and who will benefit? A fast-paced debate about capacity, cost, and access)
3. ETHICS, MORALITY, AND CRIMINALITY (What is it like to be a victim of intrusions, viruses, frauds and other telenet criminal behaviors? Who do you call and what should you do?)
4. FOR SALE: GOVERNMENT INFORMATION (As the government gathers, processes and stores information electronically, what should be the relation between govts and businesses that sell information? Does such information belong to the people or can it be sold to the highest corporate bidder? What urgent public interest questions are emerging?)
5. FREE SPEECH AND THE PUBLIC TELEPHONE NETWORK (Does the prospect of Telcos operating as information providers rather than common carriers present a promise or threat for access, diversity and fair market competition concerns?)
6. WHO'S IN YOUR GENES? / GENETIC DATA BANKING (Right to privacy concerns vs law enforcement interests in DNA data banks; concern about abuse by third party interests, such as insurers, gaining access to such info)
7. PRIVATE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (Consumer rights vs private interest practices in collecting, cross relating and selling data).
8. PRIVACY AND INTELLECTUAL FREEDOM IN THE DIGITAL LIBRARY (Who wants to to know what you want to know? How can libraries protect confidentiality on the emerging information networks?)
9. COMPUTER SURVEILLANCE IN THE WORKPLACE (Employee privacy rights vs employer monitoring practices examined)
10. WHO HOLDS THE KEYS? / CRYPTOGRAPHY, PRIVACY AND NATIONAL SECURITY (Should the govt be permitted to restrict private use of cryptography? What about restricting export of encripted products? What are the consequences of the FBI's Digital Telephony proposals? Hot issue...)
11. PUBLIC POLICY FOR THE 21ST CENTURY ( As information technologies alter work, wealth, and boundaries, what kind of world will our current public policies propel us into? Are there better visions? How can we attain them?)
12. BRUCE STERLING: SPEAKING FOR THE UNSPEAKABLE ** Startling and hilarious satire in performance by sci fi writer and author of THE HACKER CRACKDOWN. The perfect comedy for every gathering of the on-line community. But hold on to your seats, these characters pull no punches! Features Mr. Sterling's close personal friends:
PRICES & SHIPPING
EACH SINGLE VIDEOTAPE IN THE U.S. ( 1 TAPE )
$55.00 +sales tax* + $4 shipping per tape in the US
(BRUCE STERLING video is only $29.95)
To Canada: Shipping is $6.00 US per single tape.
Other int'l: Shipping is $15.00 US per single tape.
EACH ORDER OF FIVE TAPES IN THE U.S. (5 TAPES)
$250 + sales tax* + $8.60
CFP-2 Full Library set (12 tapes)
$385 + Calif. sales tax* + $15 shp'g in the US.
SPECIAL OFFER !!
Important information for internation shipments:
Add the shipping charges listed below to price of your tape order. Please pay total with an international money order or visa/matercard. Thank you.
EACH SINGLE VIDEOTAPE (1 tape) : To Canada: +$ 6.00 US Other International: +$15.00 US* add 8.25% sales tax to Calif. addresses;
EACH ORDER OF FIVE TAPES (5 tapes) To Canada: +$10.60 US Other International: +$33.60 US
EACH FULL CONFERENCE SET OF TAPES (CFP1, 15 tapes & CFP2, 12 tapes) Shipped in separate packages. To Canada: +$20.00 US To Mexico: +$40.00 US
To Western Europe (Except France), Colombia, S. Korea, Taiwan: +$60.00 US
To Australia/NZ, Norway, Africa, Sweden, Philippines, Thailand,Saudi Arabia, Singapore: +$71.00 US
To France, Japan, Central & South America: +$84.00 US
Make checks to Computers, Freedom & Privacy Video Project;
Visa, MasterCharge & P.O.'s OK.
Computers, Freedom & Privacy Video Project
P.O. Box 912 / 1673 Happy Trail
Topanga CA 90290 USA
24 hr. orderline (800)235-4922
Return to CPSR conferences page.
Return to the CPSR home page.
Send mail to webmaster.
Created before October 2004