A Pattern Language for Living Communication
The Pattern Language for Living Communication project is a long-term, participatory project to create a useful, compelling and comprehensive collection of knowledge which reflects the wisdom of people from all over the world who are developing information and communication systems that support humankind's deepest core values. Please take a look at the pattern submissions (and pattern search engine) in the "pool environment" or the patterns recently selected for phase II.
This is a work in progress. There are many ways in which you can help!
Pattern Language Documents
- Statement of Purpose
- Preamble / Introduction to Project
- About patterns
- Contributor's Covenant (not ready)
- Milestones and Upcoming Milestones
- Pattern Advice
- A Pattern Language for Living Communication (From PDC '02 Proceedings)
Access to Patterns in Progress
- Patterns selected for phase II. This is our latest step towards a full pattern language. It's still evolving! (cf. Alexander's list)
- Members of the public: Browse patterns in progress
- New authors: Open an account to submit your pattern ideas
- Current authors: Submit a pattern or edit previously submitted patterns
- X-perimental: Look at a random pattern
- Look at Pattern images
Pattern Language Development
- Pattern Language Mailing List Join the discussion!
- Authorized editors: Work in the Development Environment
- Authorized administrators: Administer the system
- Pattern submission evaluators: Provide feedback to pattern submitters. Please note that this capability is open to all!
- New! Pattern Language Presentation Gothenburg, Sweden (May 19, 2003) and San Francisco, CA (June 7, 2003) at Networking a Sustainable Future Conference
- Uncovering and Understanding Our Common Language edited by Doug Schuler. Contains six patterns in progress.
Created before October 2004